SCHOOL PROJECT TOPICS & MATERIALS:
CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5
DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF
AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS ON FIRMS’ EARNINGS. A CASE STUDY OF OANDO PLC._ Banking and Finance Project Materials
This research work captioned ‘An Evaluation of the Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on Firms’ Earnings. A Case Study of Oando Plc’ involves the trend analysis of three year pre-merger and three year post-merger financial statements of a case study with mergers and acquisitions experience chosen from the downstream sector of oil and gas.
The study was embarked on with the following objectives;
-To ascertain whether there is positive change or otherwise on the Earnings Per Share of Oando Plc after the adoption of mergers and acquisitions strategy.
-To measure the changes in the dividend per share of Oando Plc between pre and post merger periods under review.
-To examine the merger effects on the firm’s or company’s profitability.
-To find out general performance of Oando Plc in Nigerian economy in the post-merger periods under review.
-To make necessary recommendations to companies in Nigeria on the need to either adopt or neglect mergers and acquisitions option as corporate survival strategy in a bad economy base on the findings made in the study.
In order to achieve these objectives, the researcher formulated research questions in accordance with the set objectives.
The data used in the study were purely secondary data which were analysed using ratio model and descriptive method of analysis which include percentages and standard deviation. Hence, research questions were majorly used rather than hypotheses testing.Table interpretations were also adopted for clearer understanding of the analysis.
The major findings of this study include;
– most of the profitability ratios of Oando Plc declined in the post-merger period under review due to the aggressive restructuring activities carried out by the company over the years.
– mergers and acquisition benefits are not enjoyed instantly but in the long run.
– the earnings per share and dividend per share of the company improved over the post-merger years despite the decline in the profitability ratios.
Based on these findings, the researcher made recommendation that companies should adopt mergers and acquisitions as a corporate business strategy but should follow the necessary steps meticulously in order to reap the underlying benefits because, like other business stratagies, mergers and acquisitions are not risk free.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION OF COVID-19 ON PRODUCT SALES AND MARKETING
- A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECT OF COVID-19 LOCKDOWN ON IMPORTATION
- CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF POS BUSINESSES IN NIGERIA
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF MTN)
- ASSESSING THE PERCEPTION OF QUANTITY SURVEYOR ON ADOPTION OF E-PROCUREMENT TO MITIGATE CORRUPT PRACTICES IN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
- IMPACT OF POS ON PROMOTING ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF CALABAR MUNICIPAL)
- IMPACT OF GOOD OFFICE RELATIONSHIP AMONG WORKERS ON THEIR OVERALL PERFORMANCE
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE TRANSPORTATION SECTOR IN NIGERIA