COMPLETE SCHOOL PROJECT TOPICS & MATERIALS:
CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5
DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF
Pregnancy is the common name for gestation in humans. It is the development of one or more offspring, known as an embryo or fetus in the uterus (Wikipedia 2009). Pregnancy usually lasts for about nine (9) months in human beings. At this stage the embryo is developing offspring during the first 8 weeks following conception, and subsequently the term fetus is used until child birth. In many societies, medical or legal definitions of human pregnancy is somewhat arbitrarily divided into three trimester periods of three months each as a means to simplify reference to the different stages of pre-natal development. The first trimester carries the highest risk of miscarriage (natural death of embryo or fetus). During the second trimester the development of the fetus can be more easily monitored and diagnosed. The third trimester is marked by further growth of the fetus and the development of fetal fat stores (Wikipedia 2009).
Abortion is the expulsion of the offspring in a state of development from the womb between one to seven months of pregnancy, which is giving birth before the right time. In most cases of abortion is referred to as miscarriage of birth. Abortion should be considered as a lifesaving situation due to illness. But however it is being practice at will due to societal changes and orientations. It is a situation where life is being tempered and it is becoming too dangerous and threatening to the life of the mother.
Abortion is also a form of removing pregnancy from the womb, either by taking pills (medical abortion) which involves taking medicines to cause miscarriage or by surgery (surgical abortion) where the pregnancy is removed from the womb. Most abortions can be provided on a daycare basis which means you do not need to stay at a clinic overnight. Every year almost 12,000 thousand teenage girls have abortion (Bpas 2009).
Abortion consists of two types which are the PILLS and SURGICAL abortion. The pills abortion is used after 9 to 24 weeks of pregnancy which involves taking of medicines to cause the womb to contract and push out the pregnancy. Also from 22 weeks after which the pregnancy is push out and an injection to the womb is given. Such injections are given to ensure the homeostatic balance of the uterus. However a checkup visit to the clinic is also required. Surgical abortion is the dilation and evacuation of the fetus which takes up to 15 to 24 weeks of the pregnancy. In surgical abortion the doctors are required to remove the pregnancy using narrow forceps passed through the neck of the womb. This form of abortion is carried out under general anesthetic conditions (asleep). In surgical abortions, one can visit the clinic and return home the same day of abortion (for pregnancy up to 20 weeks) (Bpass 2009).
Abortion is obviously increasing and identified as a social problem in so many ways, it destabilizes the teenager’s educational career as a useful member of the society. She is out rightly stigmatized by the society and in the long run turns the girl into a prostitute. Another major incidence of pregnancy and abortion is the socio-cultural background of people within Numan Local Government. This is attributed to the orientation or beliefs which subjected the girl-child to early hawking at a very tender age of about nine or ten years. These inappropriate exposures make her vulnerable as well asthe deceitfulness of irresponsible young boys and old men, usually compromise with her innocence.
It is a common fact that the impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools is spreading in our communities and this need to be eradicated or reduced in the Local Government. In other words to solve this problem the parents and teachers should mould their children to be better adults. The government should introduce sex education in our secondary schools and tertiary institutions,’ and introduce relevant academic curriculum in order to reduce the cases of unwanted pregnancy.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education are being identified as a major problem that causes backwardness in a girl-child education. The study is aimed at finding out what brought about pregnancy and abortion and also the researcher will try to know whether harsh economic situation contributes to the pregnancy and abortion in Numan Local Government.
The project is also on the impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education among female students in Numan local government area of adamawa state, is an attempt to solve and provide answer to the following questions:
1. That female students terminate their education/unduly because of the impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools.
2. That there is inadequate parental care which leads to the rampant cases of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose in embarking on this research work is to find out and look into the problem of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education performance that prevails in our secondary schools. The researcher will carry out this research work in order to make his contribution and recommendation to our secondary schools in Numan Local Government.
The researcher also chooses this project to determine the level of performance of our female students in our secondary schools in Numan Local Government) with a view and determination to prove to individual, the society and the nation concerned that, they are facing a serious problem that need every body’s efforts to bring about apparent difference and lasting solution.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
To have a thorough understanding of the impact of pregnancy and abortion in our secondary schools in Numan Local Government Area and the strategies put in place. This project will attempt to answer to the following:
· Is improper training of female children cause pregnancy and abortion?
· Do you learn sex education in your schools or at home?
· Do you know any student that has experience pregnancy and abortion?
· What is responsible for pregnancy and abortion in your school?
· Who is to be blamed for pregnancy and abortion in your school?
· Will pregnancy affect your education?
· Is poor living condition of the family lead to pregnancy and abortion in your school?
· Is pregnancy and abortion a global issue nowadays?
· Is environmental influence causes pregnancy and abortion in your school?
In this research project, the following hypotheses are subsequently stated to enable the researcher arrives at the impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools in Numan Local Government Area.
· Socio-economic status of the girl-child and to meet up with the social changes in the society may significantly affect secondary schools girls.
· Impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl- child education in our secondary schools occurs due to parental failure to discharge their parental duties adequately.
· The administrators of the schools cannot cope with their responsibilities that brought about of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools.
· In many schools sex education is not taught at all.
· Societal influence has acted as one of the problem that brings about pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our society.
· The impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education is a general problem not only in our secondary schools, but a general problem in the society.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is assumed that what has been provided in our post primary schools must have to be tested to increase educational research, theories and practices. Sometimes partial solutions of it is assured that the researcher embark on finding more facts about the impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools. The researcher will also make more efforts geared towards throwing more light on pregnancy and abortion which has become a national problem.
Many of the parents, schools administrators and the public at large have expressed doubts and dissatisfaction of the problem of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools and to look into the causes and prevention for its future occurrences.
Bearing in mind that secondary schools children could be in their early or late adolescent stage of development, teachers and parents should guide them properly especially on sex education. Part of the problem could be solved by emphasing on moral and religious education into our educational system.
1.7 DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research will be based on particular reference to our secondary schools in Numan Local Government Area of Adamawa State. The researcher’s view is intended to look into the issue of sexual violence against teenagers to prove the evidence on the impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools. The incidence will determine to show the consequences of sexual violence in our secondary schools.
Also more comprehensive work is expected on this project work due to the unwillingness, failure and uncooperative attitude of some of schools administrators in some schools visited, to produce substantial and effective records in order to understand the impact of pregnancy and abortion on girl-child education in our secondary schools.
The researcher however restricted his studies to only five mix (female and male) secondary schools within Numan Local Government area and they include the following:
· Government Day Secondary School Villanova
· Government Day Secondary School tare
· Vocational Technical College Numan
· Bright future secondary school Numan
· Government day secondary school Imburu/Numan
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION OF COVID-19 ON PRODUCT SALES AND MARKETING
- A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECT OF COVID-19 LOCKDOWN ON IMPORTATION
- CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF POS BUSINESSES IN NIGERIA
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF MTN)
- ASSESSING THE PERCEPTION OF QUANTITY SURVEYOR ON ADOPTION OF E-PROCUREMENT TO MITIGATE CORRUPT PRACTICES IN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
- IMPACT OF POS ON PROMOTING ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF CALABAR MUNICIPAL)
- IMPACT OF GOOD OFFICE RELATIONSHIP AMONG WORKERS ON THEIR OVERALL PERFORMANCE
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE TRANSPORTATION SECTOR IN NIGERIA