GET THIS PROJECT TOPIC/MATERIAL CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5 | DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF | PRICE: ₦3,000
The aim of this study was to evaluate the wet spaces in Queens hostel in oko, Orumba north in Anambra state and its specific objectives were to determine the size and location of the kitchen components as stated by the researcher. Two research questions and one research hypothesis were formulated and tested. A simple technique was used. The population size used to carry out the research was a total number 54 students comprising of males and females in queens hostel. A 54 item structured questionnaire consisting of sections and groups was used. Section A has personal data of the students, Section B contains questions question concerning the evaluated components which was used by the researcher to determine the respondent’s perspective. The research questions were processed using percentage and table. The major findings of the study were the sizes, location and arrangement of the kitchen components. ie.(cabinets, sink and gas cooker) were the major problem facing the wet space ‘kitchen’ in the hostel of queens, oko, Orumba north in Anambra state.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page I
Approval page II
Table of content V
1.0 INTRODUCTION 1
1.1 Background 1
1.2 Statement of the problem 2
1.3 Aim and object 2
1.4 Objective of the study 3
1.5 Research Questions 3
1.6 Significance of the study 3
1.7 Scope and Delimitation of the study 4
1.8 Limitation of the study 4
LITERATURE REVIEW 5
2.0 Introduction 5
2.1. Historical development of kitchen 5
2.2 Historical Kitchen in African and Nigeria 6
2.3 Location 7
2.4 Space 7
3.0 RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1 Introduction 9
3.2 Research design 9
3.3 Area of the study 9
3.4 Sources of data 10
3.5 Primary data 11
3.6 Secondary data 11
3.7 Population 11
3.8 Sample size 12
3.9 Techniques 12
3.1.0 Data collection instrument 12
3.1.1 Reliability and instrument validity 13
3.1.2 Method of presentation 13
4.0 DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.1 Data Presentation and discussion 14
CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Conclusion 29
5.2 Recommendations 29
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
In most of the world the term wet space has gone viral. However wet space is also used predominantly when it comes to architectural analysis. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
Wet space usually refers to rooms or spaces containing sanitary fixtures and appliances- including bathrooms and en suites, toilets, laundries and kitchen. It has dated way back since people started building modern house. Wet spaces are subjected to high level of; direct wetting, high humidity levels, condensation etc. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
Wet spaces are designed in order not to increase the risk of slip and other safety hazards, and are to be made accessible and comfortable for the occupant. It must be designed to meet statutory requirements, including the requirements of building code clause E3 internal moisture, which aims to safeguard building users against illness, injury and loss of amenity and to protect the rest of the building from water damage. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
With good design, detailing and installation of waterproof membranes and impervious finishes to manage the moisture generated, wet areas can be durable, healthy, safe and comfortable, and should not result in damage to the building structure, surface finishes and fixtures. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
1.2 THE STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statement of problem is such that the project can take care of the following?
· Provision of functional and habitable wet space for Queen`s hostel Oko.
· Through the wet space evaluation it will increase the standard of hostel in Oko.
· Reduce the high level of ill health caused by bad wet space design.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the study is the evaluation of wet space at Queen`s hostel Oko.
· Provision of a functional and habitable wet space at Queen`s hostel Oko.
· Reduction of high level of ill health caused by bad wet space design.
· To increase the standard of hostels in Oko.
· To arrest the existing wet space problem at Queen`s hostel Oko.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
· Is the location of the wet spaces at Queen`s hostel appropriate?
· Is the space allotted for the wet spaces adequate?
· Is there any need for a new design of the wet spaces at Queen`s hostel?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The project will benefit the students at the Queen`s hostel.
1.6 SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope covered only the students that stay at the Queen`s hostel.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Inadequate co-operation from some of the respondent. The problem is solved by what is called (focus group) which is referred to as a scientific research method.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- USERS PATRONAGE IN THE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU LIBRARY
- THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF REFERENCE SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN
- LIBRARY USER EDUCATION IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
- INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS
- INFORMATION DISSEMINATION ON AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA
- EVALUATION OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
- PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF REFERENCE SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES
- BIBLIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION ON TAXATION IN NIGERIA