PROJECT TOPICS CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5 | DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF | PRICE: ₦5,000
BASIC SOIL TEST ON SUB-GRADE SOIL MATERIAL FLEXIBLE PAVEMENT DESIGN ON ROAD LINKING.
COLLECTION OF SAMPLES AND LABORATORY TESTING PROGRAM
The test carried out in this project was on distributed soil sample.
This implies collecting soil samples that are disfigured their natural shape.
Soil samples were collected on three (3) trial pit along Ugwuaji and Campus 111 IMT Enugu. A total of three (3) samples were collected from the trial pits (one from each pit) using pick are and spade. The samples were taken at 1.0m depth in each pit. The samples were put in polythene bags and labelled A, B, C. The samples were spread on the floor of the soil laboratory and stones removed for seven (7) days to allow for air drying.
The laboratory testing program comprises mechanical analysis, compaction test and atterberg limit tests, and the California bearing ratio (CBR) test.
The objectives of the laboratory testing program were
1. To obtain a general information regarding the nature of the soil and their variation with depth throughout the length of the road under consideration.
2. To obtain information regarding the strength characteristics of the soil.
3. To obtain information which will enable engineers to group soils according to their appearances of the purposes of complying different soils.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURE ON NIGERIAN ECONOMIC GROWTH (1981 – 2010)
- INEQUALITY AND TAXATION IN NIGERIA(1980-2010)
- ECONOMICS POPULATION GROWTH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (1981-2011)
- THE IMPACT OF EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATION ON THE NIGERIA ECONOMIC GROWTH
- POWER SUPPLY AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA FROM (1986-2010)
- AGRICULTURAL FUNDING AS A SOLUTION TO NIGERIA ECONOMY DIVERSIFICATION
- THE ANALYSIS OF EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS ON NIGERIA’S BALANCE OF PAYMENT (1983-2013)
- AN ASSESMENT OF THE ROLE OF FINANCIAL MARKET IN THE ECONOMY