PROJECT TOPICS CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5 | DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF | PRICE: ₦3,000
BASIC SOIL TEST ON SUB-GRADE SOIL MATERIAL FLEXIBLE PAVEMENT DESIGN ON ROAD LINKING.
COLLECTION OF SAMPLES AND LABORATORY TESTING PROGRAM
The test carried out in this project was on distributed soil sample.
This implies collecting soil samples that are disfigured their natural shape.
Soil samples were collected on three (3) trial pit along Ugwuaji and Campus 111 IMT Enugu. A total of three (3) samples were collected from the trial pits (one from each pit) using pick are and spade. The samples were taken at 1.0m depth in each pit. The samples were put in polythene bags and labelled A, B, C. The samples were spread on the floor of the soil laboratory and stones removed for seven (7) days to allow for air drying.
The laboratory testing program comprises mechanical analysis, compaction test and atterberg limit tests, and the California bearing ratio (CBR) test.
The objectives of the laboratory testing program were
1. To obtain a general information regarding the nature of the soil and their variation with depth throughout the length of the road under consideration.
2. To obtain information regarding the strength characteristics of the soil.
3. To obtain information which will enable engineers to group soils according to their appearances of the purposes of complying different soils.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- PEOPLE’S PERCEPTION ON THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN MANAGING BRAND REPUTATION IN CRISIS
- THE IMPACT OF MASS MEDIA ON THE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND REDUCTION OF MALARIA AMONG PEOPLE
- THE IMPACT OF THE MASS MEDIA ON RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- THE PERCEPTION OF MEDIA STAFF WELFARE ON THE EFFECTIVENESS OF JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA
- THE PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF CAMPUS BROADCASTING STATION IN NIGERIA
- THE ROLE OF THE MASS MEDIA ON THE ATTITUDE OF TEENAGERS ON THE PREVALENCE OF HIV/AIDS
- EFFECTS OF VIOLENT FILMS ON NIGERIAN CULTURAL VALUES