SCHOOL PROJECT TOPICS & MATERIALS:
CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5
DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF
This chapter presents the general overview of this research work as well as its significance and statement of problems and also possible solution to those problems as this study is aimed to achieve.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Scam mails are a form of financial fraud in which huge offers of money are made to people provided they pass on bank details and other personal information to the perpetrator. This kind of message presents us with a typical instance of globalized communication, they are produced in the margins of the world and sent to other places; they are electronically mediated and they are written in varieties of world languages, mostly English.
Patterns in content include similar narratives involving vast sums of money to be transferred from the scammer’s home country with outside help and common persuasive strategies frequently involving apologies, flattery, attempts to intrigue, trust and religious feelings while patterns in writing features include use of attention inducing buzz words like “urgent’’ and “secret’’ in subject headings
as well as in the letters themselves, and obvious nonnative English
grammar, mechanics and vocabulary errors. Inspite of the cruder elements of
these letters and worldwide efforts to fight the con artists sending
them, recipients are still drawn into these scams in large numbers, losing huge
sums of money every year. The best defense against them must still entail
comprehensive public education about the nature of this scam.
For now, it still seems likely that for every antiscam measure someone develops, scammers will devise a counter measure. Perhaps, then preventing scam from reaching personal computers might better be treated as a secondary concern, the primary goal should infact be the education of netizens to recognize deceptive content, specious persuasive strategies, inaccurate and unfair stereotypes of a scam when they see them ensuring that they will avoid becoming its next victim.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In scam messages,authors claim particular identities and relationships and have to do so using specific,generically regimented forms of communication.Investigating such forms yields a complex view of what it takes to communicate in a globalized environment at least three different forms of communicative competence seem to be blended.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION OF COVID-19 ON PRODUCT SALES AND MARKETING
- A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECT OF COVID-19 LOCKDOWN ON IMPORTATION
- CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF POS BUSINESSES IN NIGERIA
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF MTN)
- ASSESSING THE PERCEPTION OF QUANTITY SURVEYOR ON ADOPTION OF E-PROCUREMENT TO MITIGATE CORRUPT PRACTICES IN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
- IMPACT OF POS ON PROMOTING ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF CALABAR MUNICIPAL)
- IMPACT OF GOOD OFFICE RELATIONSHIP AMONG WORKERS ON THEIR OVERALL PERFORMANCE
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE TRANSPORTATION SECTOR IN NIGERIA