In recent decades, the potential contribution of agriculture to economic growth has been a subject of controversy among development economists. While some argue that agricultural development is a prerequisite for industrialization, others strongly disagree and argue for a different path.
Taking advantage of the ordinary least square method (OLD), searches through secondary data and the use of independent variables: agricultural development, capital accumulation, inflation rate and interest rate review the question of whether agriculture could serve as an engine of growth of the Nigerian economy
The results of the empirical analysis shows that productivity in the agricultural sector has not significantly positive impact on economic growth of Nigeria.
Latest Research Project Topics Materials in the Department:
- HYDRODYNAMICS BEHAVIOUR OF SLUG FLOW IN 800 OFF THE HORIZONTAL PIPE USING ELECTRICAL CAPACITANCE TOMOGRAPHY (ECT) DATA
- IMPLICATION OF VOID PREDICTION IN THE DETERMINATION OF PRESSURE GRADIENT IN VERTICAL PIPES
- INVESTIGATING HORIZONTAL-WELL INTERFERENCE TEST APPLICATIONS
- INVESTIGATING THE BEHAVIOUR OF AIR-SILICONE OIL FLOWS IN VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL PIPES FOR EFFECTIVE GAS-LIQUID TRANSPORT
- MATERIAL BALANCE APPLICATION FOR BROWNFIELD DEVELOPMENT
- MODELING AND SIMULATION OF RESERVOIR FORMATION DAMAGE DUE TO CHEMICAL PRECIPITATION AND PARTICULATE PROCESSES