PROJECT TOPICS CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5 | DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF | PRICE: ₦3,000
1.1 Background of the Study
It is believed that change is the only permanent factor in life and nothing is more permanent than change. These changes include growth in persons and thing which are commonly characterized by events that are either pleasant or unpleasant, desirable or undesirable and sometimes necessary or unnecessary. In a modern society like Nigeria, many contemporary social problems have emerged which are against the norms, morals and ethics of our society and of course make life very uncomfortable. Such problems include our deviance behaviour toward the commandments of God e.g. as in our struggle for the control of available scarce resources wrongly and violently. This in turn creates problems in the society especially among the have and the have not.
The importance of science and technology include among others the invention of modern computer knowledge which has helped to solve today’s complex statistical and related problems. The advantages also include the invention of aircrafts, cars, trains, ships etc to ease transportation problems, Hi-tech businesses, easy access to international and local business services and links, access to unlimited and global communication etc. Nevertheless, despite all these breakthrough that science and technology has recorded, it has been responsible for the alarming rate of crimes, injustice, killing and robbery, kidnapping and many other social disasters. Among the negative impacts of science and technology are the Hi-tech business crimes e.g credit cards and internet robbery and theft, hooking on to false business link and contacts on the internet; cyber crimes which promote all forms of examination malpractice for example the use of phone for cheating in examination, phonographic shots and films which lure our youths to unhealthy and indiscriminate sexual activities, access to ungodly websites also known as (satan.com), juvenile robbery clips, unauthorized and destructive clips showing crimes, shooting and sexual lawlessness. Others are building of nuclear and sophisticated weapons of crime and war fare which are used by reckless youths and criminals e.g suicide bombers for crimes against humanity.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- THE ROLE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
- THE ROLE OF THE INTERNET IN RESEARCH AND INFORMATION DISSEMINATION AMONGST STUDENTS
- THE ROLE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN CREATING OF AWARENESS DURING 2015 GENERAL ELECTION IN NIGERIA
- THE USE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS AS A MEANS OF FOSTERING MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN AN ORGANIZATION AND ITS PUBLICS
- THE EFFECTS OF ADVERTISING ON SALES VOLUME IN A MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
- ADVERTISING AS A TOOL FOR INCREASING PROFITABILITY OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES
- INFLUENCE OF CAMPUS JOURNALISM IN NIGERIAN POLYTECHNICS: CAUSES, EFFECTS AND RECOMMENDATION
- MOTHER TONGUE INTERFERENCE IN THE PRONOUNCIATION OF ENGLISH WORDS AMONG BROADCASTERS