GET THIS PROJECT TOPIC/MATERIAL CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5 | DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF | PRICE: ₦3,000
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING INFORMATION AS AN AID TO MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The attainment of this objective necessarily requires both the identification as well as the disclosure of an adequate amount of information considered relevant by the users.
Financial accounting information therefore, is the information derived from the financial accounting report. The essence of this information is for management and other users to make decisions. Therefore, the accuracy of decision making depends on the effective and efficient design of management information system.
Decision making itself can be described as the art or science of choosing among possible managerial actions. The art or science of decision making enable management of a business to choose from among a range of already analysed and evaluated alternative.
Two classes of decision makers can be identified in respect of the use of financial accounting information. These are the external users and the internal users. Management represents and the internal users include creditiors, shareholders, government agencies, trade unions e.t.c. Managers are the major users of financial accounting information need this information to plan.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Managers of certain businesses do not have sound accounting systems to enable them monitor operating expenses and revenues. They do not need the warings communicated by financial accounting information. This ignorance or lack of financial accounting information, may lead to the non-effective and inefficient accomplishment of the firm’s objectives.
It is only through accounting information that managers and external users get a picture of the organization as a total entity. Managers who fail to realize this do not appreciate an accountants analysis in respect of financial accounting information generated. This may lead to poor decisions being taken and it may affect the profitability and performance of the organization.
Some organizations, due to low financial layout or lack of adequate planning or ignorance may not employ expert hands needed and this causes the effect and importance of financial accounting information on decisions taken not to be noticed or gained by the organization.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of study are as follows:
- To ascertain of there is any relationship between effective use of financial accounting information and the decisions made in an organization.
- To ascertain whether company performance is related to efficient and effective use of financial accounting information.
- To determine factors that may constrain or promote the effective use of financial accounting information.
- To make recommendations which may enhance the employment of information provided by accounting system.
Impact may not be the same for every business. This study will seek to inquire into how monetary and financial information arranged in a professional accounting manner will influence managerial decision.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This work would be of immense benefit to the following groups.
- Financial analysts.
- Economic researchers and students
- Investors and shareholders
- Labour unions and the general public.
The major contributions of this work are:
- To the management of companies as a tool for evaluating their performance and knowing whether they really take note of financial accounting information.
- To further examination of the use of financial accounting as an information system.
- To other researchers or research scholars who may wish to carryout further research on the subject matter or other related topics.
- It will provide insight on how business organizations rely on financial accounting information for decision making.
1.5 SCOPES AND LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
Such decision making shall be to enhance profitability of the firm.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- USERS PATRONAGE IN THE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU LIBRARY
- THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF REFERENCE SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN
- LIBRARY USER EDUCATION IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
- INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS
- INFORMATION DISSEMINATION ON AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA
- EVALUATION OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
- PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF REFERENCE SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES
- BIBLIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION ON TAXATION IN NIGERIA