COMPLETE SCHOOL PROJECT TOPICS & MATERIALS :
CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5
DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF
Tax collection has remained an issue of great concern to past and present governments of Nigeria. The credit crunch that hit most developed countries in the year 2008 has reduced donor support to most developing countries. As a result, there is a great dependence on internally generated tax revenue for development.
It is therefore important that the Revenue Collecting Agencies be efficient and effective in carrying out their duties to raise the much needed Government Revenue. This study examined the reasons for the low level of tax collection as well as the challenges facing the Akwa Ibom State internal Revenue Board in its quest to meet its revenue collection targets.
Questionnaires were administered to two hundred (200) taxpaying public and seven (7) tax experts. The study found that tax compliance is low in the Uyo. Low tax education, inadequate resources and low staff motivation were identified as key reasons for the low compliance. Also, tax efficiency and effectiveness has not been attained.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- EFFECTS OF COMPUTERIZATION ON SERVICE DELIVERY OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS
- IMPACT OF BANK RECAPITILIZATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA
- VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS BY THE MILITARY REGIME
- ASSESSMENT OF THE 2014 EKITI GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION
- FEDERAL CHARACTER PRINCIPLE AND NATIONAL INTEGRATION
- NIGERIA JUDICIAL SYSTEM, PROBLEM AND THE WAY OUT
- THE CORRUPTION AND INSECURITY IN NIGERIA: A FIGHT AGAINST IT.