BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Tooth decay was low in pre-agricultural societies, the growth in farming society about 10,000 years ago correlated with an increase with the rate of cavities. An infected tooth from Italy partially cleaned with flint tools, aged between 13,820 and 14,160 years old, represents the oldest known dentistry. The Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) has yielded evidence of dentistry being practised as far back as 7000 BC. An IVC site in Mehrgarh indicates that this form of dentistry involved curing tooth related disorders with bow drills operated, perhaps, by skilled bead crafters. The reconstruction of this ancient form of dentistry showed that the methods used were reliable and effective. The earliest dental filling, made of beeswax, was discovered in Slovenia and dates from 6500 years ago…
AIM OF THE STUDY
The aim is to design a functional and befitting modern dental clinic that will meet up with acceptable architectural and structural standards which can receive national acclaim.
The objectives of this project include;
- To design a facility that will functionally and aesthetically fulfill the need for a standard modern dental clinic in Enugu State.
- To design a modern dental clinic that naturally meets up with both architectural and structural standards.
- To provide spaces that are large enough to accommodate the workers and equipments/machinery and encourage a seamless overlap between the two.
- To contribute to the architectural beauty of the area and the appreciation of the built environment.
- Provision of adequate spaces for various dental treatments.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- SOURCE OF FINANCE IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY
- EFFECTS OF COMPUTERIZATION ON SERVICE DELIVERY OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS
- IMPACT OF BANK RECAPITILIZATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA
- VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS BY THE MILITARY REGIME
- ASSESSMENT OF THE 2014 EKITI GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION
- FEDERAL CHARACTER PRINCIPLE AND NATIONAL INTEGRATION
- NIGERIA JUDICIAL SYSTEM, PROBLEM AND THE WAY OUT