BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Tooth decay was low in pre-agricultural societies, the growth in farming society about 10,000 years ago correlated with an increase with the rate of cavities. An infected tooth from Italy partially cleaned with flint tools, aged between 13,820 and 14,160 years old, represents the oldest known dentistry. The Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) has yielded evidence of dentistry being practised as far back as 7000 BC. An IVC site in Mehrgarh indicates that this form of dentistry involved curing tooth related disorders with bow drills operated, perhaps, by skilled bead crafters. The reconstruction of this ancient form of dentistry showed that the methods used were reliable and effective. The earliest dental filling, made of beeswax, was discovered in Slovenia and dates from 6500 years ago…
AIM OF THE STUDY
The aim is to design a functional and befitting modern dental clinic that will meet up with acceptable architectural and structural standards which can receive national acclaim.
The objectives of this project include;
- To design a facility that will functionally and aesthetically fulfill the need for a standard modern dental clinic in Enugu State.
- To design a modern dental clinic that naturally meets up with both architectural and structural standards.
- To provide spaces that are large enough to accommodate the workers and equipments/machinery and encourage a seamless overlap between the two.
- To contribute to the architectural beauty of the area and the appreciation of the built environment.
- Provision of adequate spaces for various dental treatments.
Latest Research Project Topics Materials in the Department:
- HYDRODYNAMICS BEHAVIOUR OF SLUG FLOW IN 800 OFF THE HORIZONTAL PIPE USING ELECTRICAL CAPACITANCE TOMOGRAPHY (ECT) DATA
- IMPLICATION OF VOID PREDICTION IN THE DETERMINATION OF PRESSURE GRADIENT IN VERTICAL PIPES
- INVESTIGATING HORIZONTAL-WELL INTERFERENCE TEST APPLICATIONS
- INVESTIGATING THE BEHAVIOUR OF AIR-SILICONE OIL FLOWS IN VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL PIPES FOR EFFECTIVE GAS-LIQUID TRANSPORT
- MATERIAL BALANCE APPLICATION FOR BROWNFIELD DEVELOPMENT
- MODELING AND SIMULATION OF RESERVOIR FORMATION DAMAGE DUE TO CHEMICAL PRECIPITATION AND PARTICULATE PROCESSES