PROJECT TOPICS CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5 | DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF | PRICE: ₦3,000
This project work is aimed at revealing this benefits of computerization in the promotion process of the local government system, especially as it concerns the senior staff of the local government. The project explained the way the local government service commissions Enugu embarks on promotion process of the local government staff in Enugu State. It has as its main purpose and other to advice the local government service commission Enugu on the benefits of the computerization in the promotion process. This is to increase speed and accuracy of processing promotion records for accuracy of processing promotion records for effective promotion to encourage efficiency and productivity in the local government system.
Promotion is the gradual upgrading of the civil servants in Nigeria. The upgrading of the civil servants is a motivational incentive for greater productively. Motivational needs are of total importance and significance because the success or failure of any organization is largely determined by the output of such organization. There have been cases of inefficiency in the public bureaucracy especially the local government system.
The resultant effect is that many of such local government system, finds it difficult to meet up with the demands made on them by the citizenry. Multitude of them fails in their task of rural development. It has been suggested that the situation is not unconnected with poor promotion process of the employees. Therefore, it is vital that effective computer design systems are installed in the local government as well as local government service commissions to facilitate quick promotion process. The local government service commission has been empowered by law to promote the senior civil servants working in the local government system.
1.1 Statement of the problem
Organizing the promotion process has a great problem to the Enugu North Local Government Area. The processes involved are often inaccurate due to incorrect information. Information’s are collected hapardly.
1. The compilation of senior staff nominal roll by the various departments in the local government is often. Inaccurate due to lack of correct information.
2. The compilation of the staff sonority list is often distorted through corrupt practices. This is because there are no effective computer systems to check it. Therefore promotion according to seniority is derived.
3. The compilation of the senior staff nominal roll is done manually. This wastes time in the promotion processes.
The above-mentioned problem is the systems have prompted the researcher to look for ways of curbing the collection of senior staff data manually.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The implementation of this research for the improvement of the promotion scheme will help the case study to improve and facilitate the promotion process. The computerized design will also help the Enugu state govt. service commission punctual and accurate in carrying out the promotion process of the local government councils with and outside the state to implement the design to improve promotion productivity. The research design will also help both the federal and state civil service commission to facilitate promotions of their staff. Finally, the research will bean addition to there research work already done on the topic.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The aims and objectives of the study, is to improve the promotion process of civil servants, who are normally stagnated in one grade level for many years. It will also help curb the malpractice encountered in the preparation of staff seniority list and nominal rolls. Another aim is to ensure that the service commissions will always have a stand by record of its entire staff installed in its computers for easy access and use for promotion.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- THE USE MANAGEMENT AUDIT AS A TOOL FOR ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVE
- COSTS AND RETURNS OF SMALL SCALE HONEY BEE PRODUCTION
- EFFECT OF DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP STYLES ON CORPORATE PERFORMANCE
- EFFECT OF LEADERSHIP STYLE ON EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION
- EFFECTIVENESS OF IN-SERVICE TRAINING ON EMPLOYEE’S DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY
- EXAMINE THE EFFECTS OF GREEN PACKAGING ON CONSUMERS GREEN PURCHASE INTENTIONS AND ACTUAL PURCHASE BEHAVIOUR
- IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON CONSUMER PATRONAGE
- INFLUENCE OF LEADERSHIP STYLE ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE IN GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS