PROJECT TOPICS CHAPTERS: Chapter 1-5 | DOC FORMAT: MS WORD/PDF | PRICE: ₦3,000
1.1. Background of the Study
The industrial Electronics has changed the whole field of Engineering and technology is occurring so rapidly, even in developing countries. It is so because newer technologies overcome older ones. After the industrial revolution the world shifted towards the information age with the development of computers during the1950’s.
As such, mechantronics means the principle that combines the application of mechanical and electrical means has taken over the greater part of industrial electronics which is indispensable in modern technology.
In Nigeria, security which is one of the basic lookouts in any productive firm, has been on the decrease. Most industries have gone bankrupt because of their inability to meet up to the security standard required in a modern day setting. Equally, some homes and offices have lost important documents and properties due to easy access that criminals have. There is thus an urgent need for significant security measures to improve the standard of living of the people, enhance development and put to a stop the menace of insecurity. That is the reason as a student of Computer System Engineering the project named “Intruder Detector Alarm System with direction”, was embarked on.
1.2 General Description of the Project
This electronic system consists of four sensors made up of opto couplers realized with combination of Laser beam, from Laser diode coupled into a cadmium sulfide photocell (C.D.S photocell).
This component serves as an electronic eye, the output of opto couplers conditioned by a Schmitt trigger NAND gate control Logic (74 Ls 132) TTL chip. The output of the 132 chips is used to trigger one short delay which reset an astable multi-vibrator which generates the frequency that is used to drive the buzzer alarm. Each of the sensor output is fed to a BCD to decimal priority encoder whose output is decoded to a format that can be displayed using a seven-segment display (common anode). The buzzer is interfaced through a single transistor static switch.
The entire system is designed in such a manner that whenever somebody wants to gain entrance through the back door, the electronic eyes (optocoupler) installed at the locations respectively senses the presence and triggers a buzzer alarm at the security department of the cantonment and seven-segment display shows the exact location of the intruder.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Project
1. The major aim of this project is to design and implement a micro controller based multipurpose security device with direction capable of securing a military cantonment from intruder location and detection and to control access to a strong room in the cantonment.
2. Another objective of this project is to ground the graduating student in electronic system design and implementation involving Random logic.
3. This project is also aimed at acquainting the young engineers with skills for engineering, technical and scientific writing which is very indispensable in their professional practice.
4. Another aim of this project is to familiarize these graduating students with electronic system designs that have real life application in industrial security.
More Research Project Topics Materials in the Department
- THE ROLE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN COMMUNITY BANKING
- TELEVISION AS A POSTIVE CONTRIBUTOR TO THE SOCIALIZATION OF CHILDREN
- PRESS AS A VEHICLE FOR EFFECTIVE RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- NEWSPAPER AND TELEVISION AS AN AGENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- THE IMPACT OF TELEVISION ADVERTISING ON NURSING MOTHERS
- THE ROLE OF THE MEDIA IN THE PROMOTION OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES IN NIGERIA
- CHALLENGES FACING THE MEDIA ORGANISATION IN DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION
- LANGUAGE PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA BROADCAST MEDIA